Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Little Exercise

   I've actually been feeling a little better the last two days and eating pretty well.  Linda attributes it to adding some small brownies to my diet but I think it's the chemo wearing off.
   Today, in addition to a reasonable walk for errands, I played a little step ball for the first time in a long time.  I didn't do well; but considering I got better as the game went on, that I was rusty, that I couldn't jump or run, and that I had some pain in my upper thigh, the results were reasonably good.  At least I could throw a little harder than I had in the recent pass.
   After step ball, I tried a little tennis against a wall.  In addition to all of the above handicaps, it was windy, blowing in circles, so I stopped after a short time.  This location is across the street from where Rachel and I were amazingly chased by a dumpster many years ago that kept going around after us.
   As I've mentioned, if I'm in the shade on a hot day like this, it doesn't bother me whereas Linda won't leave the house.
   Since I haven't been an Orioles fan for years, I finally made a waste basket switch, moving my Baltimore Colts waste basket from behind my bed to the living room and putting my Orioles one behind my bed.
   I hope those who lost electricity get it back very soon.  It must be quite oppressive and hard to sleep without air conditioning.  Stay cool.

Elkan - Sunday evening
 

No comments:

Post a Comment