Monday evening I had an MRI, which should provide information on the bone lesion that my PET scan apparently indicated. We see Littman on Monday to get the results and then likely will see the radiation oncologist on Wednesday. As to the MRI, with it's repetitive sounds, first I thought I briefly heard the Martha's Vineyard ferry fog horn (just wishful thinking I guess,) and also heard a woodpecker and a jackhammer. But the most interesting sound, which lasted for a while, was what I considered a composition by composer Philip Glass. The whole procedure lasted about 40 minutes. Of course, it included an intravenous contrast liquid because why visit a medical facility, if you can't get at least one needle.
I haven't been feeling too good this week with nausea and various other aches and pains. I do get out a little bit and, as I've mentioned, don't really mind the heat. I've watched some Wimbledon tennis and am pulling for Federer and Serena Williams. I was also a fan of Tsonga who lost to Murray today. I especially liked when Tsonga won his quarter final match, he quietly when up to his opponent and the referee and then belatedly jumped around in glee.
For our anniversary on July 4, Linda, Rachel, and I (Dave was working) went to a restaurant Bistro St. Tropez, on the top floor of a building. After dinner (I had to bring most of mine home because I was feeling a little nauseous), all of the diners were led up to the roof where we had cool views of the City, in addition to great views of the fireworks about 6 blocks away at the Art Museum. The anniversary part reminds me of a line from the very funny British TV show "Yes, Minister" which I've just started catching up on. The Minister, like a U.S. cabinet member, is always being thwarted and manipulated by the career people who don't want any changes. Anyway, the Minister keeps getting pushed into meetings and finally agrees to two meetings the next day. When he gets home, his wife reminds him that the next day is their anniversary and he promised to take her to Paris, which she insists on. So he telephones one of his assistants, in his wife's presence, and says he has to cancel both scheduled meetings because "it's my wife's anniversary."
I'm sure glad there's no global warming or else we might be having a heat spell.
Elkan - Friday (I keep thinking it's Saturday or Sunday) - evening
No comments:
Post a Comment