Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yeti

   My on and off nausea has continued.  Also, I have trouble drinking enough water to prevent dehydration; hopefully I won't have kidney issues but am working at drinking more but nausea is an obstacle.
   Today, after radiation, I met with radiation oncologists Anne and Eldridge and discussed my aches and pains and suggestions to eat and drink more.  Then I had lab tests that should preclude my needing them on Monday when I see Littman and/or Eleanor.
   Saturday night Linda spotted a cockroach in our kitchen which virtually never happens.  Rachel and I saw it and thought it was the biggest one we'd ever seen.  In fact, I thought it was like Bigfoot and we (or at least I) have been calling it Yeti.  It scampered under (actually next to) the dishwasher.  Linda found some old sticky mouse traps and put them on the floor where Yeti made his escape.  Rachel and I thought this was quite silly and ineffectual; but two hours later, Yeti was trapped in the sticky traps and I was able to end his life.  I still refer posthumously and humorously to Yeti.

Elkan - Tuesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment