I graduated from Radiation 101 today (a ten day course) and I've got the Certificate to prove it. They actually gave me a certificate like something you'd get for good attendance in Sunday School. It's entitled "Certificate of Merit and Appreciation," praises my attitude and courage, and is signed by my radiation oncologist and three radiation therapists. I hope I will shortly stop feeling the radiation effects of tiredness, urination nights, and possibly nausea.
This week, in addition to 5 radiation treatments, I also saw doctors five times. Next week I'm scheduled to see Littman on Monday and Wynne, my GP, on Tuesday. I see my Radiation Oncologist in a month but may not be seeing my sweetheart resident Radiation Oncologist. She had already abandoned me anyway by getting engaged even though I was such a good catch for a young pretty woman: age 67 with pan can and a colostomy among many other desirable qualities.
Every day of radiation, they played Oldies music, most of which was pretty good. However, on the first day of radiation the music began with a loud obnoxious sound. This reminded me of Mel Brooks's "High Anxiety" where a guy is killed by being locked in a car while horrible music is playing and the handles of the doors and windows come off when he tries to use them.
Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Friday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment