Still having on and off nausea. Today we went to Jefferson and had a meeting with Eleanor and then lab (blood) tests. The MRI I had last week appears to concur with the PET scan that there is a likely cancerous lesion on my right pelvic bone. Also, Eleanor gave me a prescription for Lovenox that will switch the shots to once a day with twice as much serum in each needle. This should be a nice improvement for me. Also, I will be starting on Wednesday monthly infusions of Zelotta, a bone strengthening medicine.
We see the oncologist on Wednesday and may have a biopsy and/or start radiation. I won't be having any chemo until I'm through with any radiation.
We walked to Jefferson but cabbed home as I was feeling nauseous and was glad to get home without throwing up. We were only at Jeff for a little more than an hour, a record for us.
I feel a bit like an astronaut these days. Having lost a little more weight lately, I believe I am close to experiencing weightlessness.
Linda remembered this morning a funny experience we had many years ago. Somehow Linda had talked me into going to a free program starring the ballet star Valella at Philly's outdoor summer amphitheater. For the only time I can recall, unbeknownst to me, our tickets were actually for the following week. When we got to the theater, Andre Previn was the star for that night but he had canceled. So when most people got to the entrance gate, they were saying to the ticket taker something like, "What do you mean it's not Previn?" And then we walk up to the gate and say, "What do you mean it's not Vallela?" But they did let us in and we heard some good orchestral pieces and had some good laughs.
Elkan - Monday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment