Saturday, July 21, 2012

Radiation Moving Along

   Yesterday, I completed the first week of radiation and, as mentioned in my previously blog entry, it's a pretty easy procedure.  Next week I should finish up.  Unfortunately, I'm still having some nausea and headaches although yesterday was a good day but today hasn't been so good.
   I heard a guy on the radio recently mention that no one says on their death bed that they should have worked more.  I've been joking for many years that I would be the first person to say I should have spent more time at the office.
   The Boy Scouts have been in the news again about their anti-gay policy.  Unfortunately, there's been no mention of their anti-atheist policy.  I have written a number of locally published letters in the past decrying this anti-patriotic policy.  After all, the Constitution mentions religion only to bar the use of religious tests for Federal appointment but this isn't good enough for the Boy Scouts.  Also, so many prominent Americans would be barred from eligibility in the Scouts.  I guess the problem is that the Mormon and Catholic Churches have too much influence over the Scouts.

Elkan - Saturday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment