To the extent I can remember, the past few days have been okay with a little nausea. It's getting hard to remember specifics since I have trouble remembering what day it is. Thursday, I went to the radiation dept. and had some sort of mini scan during which they drew three circles in my pelvic area with a pin head size tattoo in each that will be permanent but not noticeable. Then on Friday, I went back where they continued mapping my pelvic area with red, blue, green and yellow lines, drawings and letters. In one area it looks like they wrote the word "Iraq" so don't say I haven't done my part for the war effort. Also on Friday I was infused with some anti-nausea medicine and some fluids to prevent dehydration.
The radiation is expected to be the next two weeks on Monday to Friday at 11:30 but it's not supposed to be onerous. I should be safe from environmentally-conscious cannibals because they won't want irradiated food.
A friend told me I had a lot on my plate and I told him except for food.
Yesterday, a baby shower was held for Rachel at her house with her friends; and Dave's mother Nancy did a great job putting almost everything together. (If you recall the coincidence, Linda's birthday cake last month erroneously said "Happy Birthday Nancy.") My brother was visiting and we went to Rachel's before the shower started and left before the "oohing" and 'aahing" over the gifts.
There's an inventor, futurist named Ray Kurzweil who believes medical and science advances will give people the option of practically living forever. In preparation and to at least make it to 100, he takes 150 pills a day. It hardly seems worth it.
Elkan - Sunday Evening
Nancy did do soooooo much. It was really amazing, and I'm beyond grateful, and this blog shout out is well-deserved. But mom deserves a lot of credit too! She also did a ton, most importantly food & invitations. Lyla is already so lucky when it comes to grandparents!
ReplyDelete