Thursday, July 26, 2012

"We're Having Some Fun Now"

   While I'm not aware of any pain from the radiation, it likely is the cause of my being tired (apparently it's cumulative).  After radiation I've seen the radiation oncologists Tuesday through tomorrow.  Wednesday I also had a liter of fluids given to me intravenously because I'm bad at drinking enough and there's a real danger of incurring kidney damage if I'm dehydrated.  I have been walking at least one way to Jeff.
   While the volume may be less, the last few nights I've been easily matching Urination nights for trips to the bathroom.  I realized that I've become a centipede, that is, I've peed a hundred times.  This also may be a result of radiation.  The docs offered a prescription that might help but so far I've avoided filling it as I take enough pills for now unless it becomes important.
   My blood pressure has been high so now I'll need to see my GP.  Also, I see Littman on Monday and may have a few weeks off from chemo.
   For the past year, I've been using two quotes from Steve Martin.  Sometimes when I'm hooked up for another onerous procedure, I say "We're having some fun now."  And other times after receiving medicine, I occasionally say, "I'm waiting for the drugs to take effect."  Unless you're familiar with how Steve Martin would say things in his semi-jerk manner, these quotes won't mean much to you.
   A guy known as Fearless Felix skydived 18 miles with a high speed of 536 mph and landed near Roswell, N.M.  The Roswellians must have thought it was a space alien.  The dive took almost 4 minutes.  Felix is planning a record-breaking  23 mile dive next month.  He hopes to break the speed of sound with just his body.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment