My sister-in-law pointed out that my Truman comment about his briefly running for President was 1952, not 1948. 1948 was obviously the year Truman ran and held up the headline that Dewey had won. I doubt if many of you care but I do. I like to be accurate as you can probably determine from my "slight" number obsessiveness. I edited the old post.
I've still been feeling good lately although Amos has been on a bit of a rampage. It's hard for me to remember what I do each day (not much unfortunately) but at least I've been doing errands and getting some exercise that way.
I mentioned some time ago that I get a daily e-mail from an atheist organization that highlights atheists born on that day. This past Monday, the e-mail mentioned Saul Alinsky to whom Newtie has referred in an obscure way of attacking Obama. Alinsky was a premiere community organizer and died in 1972 but he did write a book with his ideas. So Obama could have been influenced by Alinsky even though Alinsky didn't seem to advocate Kenyan anti-colonialist views.
Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Saturday morning
No comments:
Post a Comment