I've still been feeling pretty good and have actually slept better at night recently, not worrying about Amos as much as I had been.
I love walking around Center City. There are so many little streets and different looking townhouses that, with my poor memory, I can always find interesting things to see. It's funny how you can see a small side street within a few blocks of home and realize that you don't recall it's name and wouldn't have guessed it's location. Actually, many of these little streets may run for a block or two, end, and then pick up again a few blocks away (but within the same position in relation to the main north/south streets.) And I realized today, that while east of Broad Street has many of these tiny streets which I thought were too far for a walk from home, come spring, I might be able to ride my bike to the area and then walk.
Today I received a gift that Dave and Rachel got me for the holidays: a magic lesson from a real magician, Francis Menotti. Francis was here for over two hours and demonstrated close up magic at my request, with coins, cards, and rubber bands. I've always loved magicians but have never had the will power or desire to actually perform myself. Linda also got to sit in on this fascinating afternoon. Just to see the smoothness and dexterity of Francis made the gift great; but he also demonstrated how to do the tricks, which of course requires lots of practice. And he left me two tricks. A great afternoon.
I hope to go to a colostomy support group on Saturday morning; but since snow is expected then, I may have to decide to cancel my Car Share car tomorrow, depending on the forecast. I've been trying harder lately to get more colostomy advice. I still have a week and a half until the new chemo protocol which I am not looking forward to.
Elkan - Thursday night
No comments:
Post a Comment