Saturday, February 25, 2012

Still not too good

   Still not feeling good.  Yesterday was the worst with some nausea, tiredness, a little coldness and weakness.  I'm feeling a little better today but other than a short two block walk with Linda to a street market, I'll probably be in all day.  When I got the chemo, they also gave me a diuretic which has caused me to have space alien visits frequently the last few nights, as often as every hour even though I haven't been drinking that much after the Wednesday (I had to drink two liters on Tues.  and Wed.)  Last night was better than Thurs. so I got a little morre sleep.
   Fortunately, Linda was able to go to a symphony concert Friday afternoon with friends that I had to miss and right now she's at a live movie production of an opera with one of her favorite performers.
   Right now I'm looking at two plastic items we found recently in a closet.  They are like innertubes that you blow up but are in the shape of a cylinder about 10 inches in diameter and 10 inches long with an open space in one end where you could put your hand or fist.  A long time ago when Linda and I would occasionally have a fight, I would bring these out and we would have fun punching each other with them.
   I also noticed in the closet my favorite t-shirt.  When my older brother had successful heart surgery at NYU Hospital a long time ago, I was able to give him in the hospital a t-shirt that said "LIVE FROM NEW YORK."  I guess I got the shirt back at some point.  I also have a t-shirt of Linda and her former partner with Mel Gibson's arms around them from when they were doing Mrs. Bush's Story Time.
   Have a nice weekend.

Elkan - Saturday afternoon
  

No comments:

Post a Comment