Yeah! I can write again. Tuesday was a good day except that NP informed me my thyroid numbers were a little low and now I'm taking friggin' Synthroid once a day, which I have to take at least a half hour before food, 4 hours before calcium, and with 8 ounces of water. (I will be trying to take the pill in the middle of the night so it won't interefere with breakfast.) It's also a little ironic in that the last case I worked on at work was wrapping up a claims administration against Synthroid producers and we gave remaining funds to a thyroid support group.
Tuesday, I actually walked about 5 miles, 2 different errand trips each about a 1 1/4 miles each way. I liked it because both trips were pretty circular without having to deviate from one route. The first included an ATM, staples for paper, Bubby's brisket (not Betsy's) for a take out lunch, Marathon for caesar salad for dinner, Pietro's for chicken parm and spaghetti for dinner, and then tulips for Linda (1/2 block deviation from route home.) The second trip included taking a ton of change to the bank for counting probably setting a record for me of $92. My back pack was a lot lighter afterwards. Also included were three unsuccessful stops for lemon drops which Linda read were good for nausea, getting my Neulasta shot at Jefferson to keep my white blood cells up, buying junk food at Rite Aid, and another stop at Staples for another ream of paper since they were being discounted. When I got home, I found out Linda had a lot of lemon drops.
Yesterday I started feeling a little nauseous and tired. I was able to do about a two mile slow walk with Linda but didn't feel the need to walk faster. Today is a little worse than yesterday with intermittent nausea, some tiredness, and other minor discomforts. Also, I may have mentioned that I'm trying to wean myself off the opium which was a drag at 4 times a day without apparent help. While the NP thought I could go cold turkey, Linda and the pharmacist thought I should go gradually and I think they are right and that a recent dose may have alleviated a couple of my symptoms.
Last week, when we took a cab to HUP, it reminded me of a Woody Allen line I've always liked. He said he was in a cab with a really hot woman and he was so excited, he could just barely keep his eye on the meter.
Have a nice warm day.
Elkan - Thursday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment