I've been pretty good the last few days with occasional slight nausea and some tiredness. I forgot to mention that the last lab tests showed that my cancer marker went up from 71 to 87, not the first time it's gone up. But as a nurse mentioned, the CT Scan is much more reliable and that showed a nice reduction in the tumor.
About 5 or 6 weeks ago, Philly held the third annual No Pants Subway Ride where guys rode the subway in their underpants. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it. It wasn't as dramatic as the Nude Bike Ride but was probably fun.
Tuesday we had a long meeting with Ave Maria, HUP's colostomy nurse. It turns out my situation is a lot worse than the typical colostomy patient, who is pretty regular, doesn't have intestinal issues, and requires few daily changes. As consequence, I wouldn't be a candidate for an alternative procedure, suggested by someone at a support group, that regular cleans out one's system. I also have a couple of minor sores and some questions and therefore have an appointment with the colostomy surgeon on Feb 28. Walking home from HUP, we saw a plaque on a small building saying "On this site in 1897 nothing happened." I think I may have seen something similar a long time ago.
I had a dream the other night where I was racing my brother down several flights of stairs. This reminded me of when Linda and I lived on the 17th floor of a high rise about 40 years ago. I told Linda I could run down faster than the elevator and one time took up the challenge just as the elevator was arriving on 17. I beat Linda easily and she had trouble accepting that I hadn't caught another elevator on another floor.
The other day I was zipping along faster than all the other walkers and felt proud that this 66 year old guy, not in the best of health, could do that. I had a pretty good step ball game today but did realize that I stand closer to the steps than I used to, I guess because I don't throw as hard anymore.
One other thing, seeing the end of a movie where they said no animals were harmed, reminded me that a movie (a comedy but I can't remember the name) said at the end something like: "No animals were harmed in the making of this movie except the ones we ate."
Linda, Rachel and Dave went to NY today to see "The Book of Mormon." Even without my health issues, I wouldn't have gone as I have trouble appreciating musicals, especially Broadway ones, even the ones everyone else loves. Partly, I have trouble picking up lyrics but it's more than that.
Have a good day.
Elkan _ Wednesday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment