Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Nice 2 Days of Global Warming

     I felt fine Monday and Tuesday but a tiny bit nauseous today.  The concern about the 4th Mighty Mouse was whether I'd have any pulmonary problems, being out of breath or more tired than usual. 
     Yesterday I biked to Le Bec Fin for another Restaurant Week lunch and had their very good at least 8 ounce hamburger with good fries and the escargot and creme brulet I had the week before, a great deal for $20.  Then I rode a little further to the Reading Market for a lot of food purchases but Amos encouraged me to cut short my visit and head home (I had already changed once at the Marriott across the street.) 
     Later in the afternoon, I went for a ride on the trail but again Amos beckoned me home.  As I was a block from the track crossover, a train came and blocked the access so I had to go up the ramps to the street.  Surprisingly, I was able to ride up the ramps, something I used to be able to do but the last time I had to walk.  So I felt reassured that I wasn't having any pulmonary issues.  My total miles for both rides was just over 6 miles.
     Rachel and Dave are planning to come over for the Super Bowl, which Linda has always called the Stupid Bowl although she is a big fan of Tom Brady.  This reminds me of a Gary Larsen cartoon I have up at home.  The caption is, "After many years of marital bliss, tension enters the Kent household."  An older Clark Kent is sitting in a chair reading the "Daily Planet" while his wife is sewing one of his uniforms.  Inside a big "S" she has sewn, "tupid."
     We are both reading Michael Lewis's enjoyable new book "Boomerang" about the ecnonmic crisis in 5 countries.  We both liked the Icelandic name Snorri Snorrasson.
     I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I heard a talk on the New Hampshire primary.  Harry Truman actually ran in the primary in 1952 as the 22nd amendment 2 term limit didn't apply to him.  He lost the primary to Keefauver 50 to 44% and shortly after that withdrew from the Presidential race.  I had no idea he had considered running for a third term.
     Hopefully I'll get some biking in this afternoon after doing some errands.

Elkan - Mid-day Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment