Not much going on. Still feeling pretty good but Amos has been intimidating and excessive. Yesterday, we had to go to Jeff to pick up an opium prescription which gave us an excuse to have lunch at Smokin' Bettys.
Last night I went to a Jewish documentary "Eichmannn's End" that was about a long multi-taped interview Eichmann gave to a journalist in Argentina in 1957 and his eventually capture and return to Israel. The program began with an excesive amount of thank yous and announcements; and since I was very concerned about making it through the movie without changing (I didn't make it), I was wondering if people would be offended if I shouted from the back of theater, "START THE FUCKING MOVIE!!" It was an interesting movie even though after changing once in the middle, I was distracted during the last half hour worrying about anoither difficult change. The German director was there with a translator to answer questions; but it was a little amusing how after a question, the two of them would confer for a long time, and then the translator would give a short, not always enlightening, answer. Overall, I'm not sure whether my enjoyment of the film outweighed my bad experience with Amos. I definitely limit my going out experiences.
On Friday morning, Philly had it's annual pre-Super Bowl Wing Bowl with 20,000 in attendance. The champion Kabayashi ate 337 chicken wings in 30 minutes.
I've still got almost 2 weeks before I start the new chemo protocol which I expect to be a lot more onerous than what I'm going through now. I'm still lucky to be avoiding pain; it's just the intestinal stuff that drives me a little crazy. Also, I still have a very good appetite, unfortunately matched easily by my output.
Elkan - Tuesday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment