Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MV Here We Come

   Yesterday I had a routine retina eye check up and everything was fine.  I walked the 15 blocks there and afterwards did a lot of errands with even more walking.
   Today we walked part of the way to Jefferson but didn't have time to walk all the way and grabbed a bus for about 10 blocks.  I had the lab tests, and my Creatinine level was a little high, which meant I had a little dehydration.  Therefore, I had no Cisplatin infusion today but did get the Gemcitabine.  Linda thought of going to MV and the NP agreed and encouraged us.
   Katie, our chemo nurse, liked a couple of comments.  Regarding my inability to gain weight despite eating pretty well,  I said that my exports exceeded my imports.  When Katie checked with Eleanor about whether I had to take the painful Octreotide shot next week or whether I could wait for two weeks for my next chemo infusion, she said I could wait and that that must be music to my ears.  I responded that it was music to my ear and to my rear (where the shot goes).
   Linda brought me a Smokin' Bettys brisket sandwich for lunch.  We walked home and on the way Linda convinced me to stop at J. Crew (which I generally consider a couple grades above my pedestrain taste) for pants that might actually fit me.  I was able to buy several long pants and shorts and a couple of shirts.  So I might look a little more stylish in the future.
   I've been very busy tonight with MV arrangements.  We're driving up this Thursday (I got the last ferry available at 7:30 p.m.) and returning on Saturday, June 2.
   I probably won't be doing any blog entries while we're away as I don't like typing on Linda's iPad.
   Here's a quote I liked by comic Andy Borowitz about Facebook:  "Facebook enables millions to share information of no interest with people they barely know."
   Have a good week.

Elkan - Tuesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment