Friday, May 4, 2012

Chemo change

     I sometimes have more trouble getting into my blog than I do writing it:  very frustrating.  I appear to have had my Urination Night on Wednesday night.  Hopefully, there are no more for now but I'm still having trouble sleeping just from being restless.
     A significant change in my chemo appears to be coming.  After reviewing the latest increase in my cancer marker, the docs don't think the Cisplatin is working well enough and are planning a change for my next chemo on the Ides of May.  It's still positive that the tumor has not been growing and has even shrunk a little.  We didn't actually get to talk to the docs about this on Monday because the cancer marker number comes in several hours after the other lab tests and after we have had our meeting.  We get the number during the chemo infusion in the afternoon.
   I've been feeling better this week than the in the past after an infusion but still get tired with a lot of walking.
   This week's edition of the Philadelphia Weekly (PW) has a nice full page article on page 7 about Rachel's husband David Darwin.  You can probably find it by going to www.philadelphiaweekly.com and searching for David Darwin.  The only error I found is it stated Dave always gets to come home every night.  As I type this, he is performing tonight in the State of Washington.
   I recently came across a TV political commentator named Krystal Ball.
   Lastly, while not a particularly interesting letter, I am trying to include here letters I get published for memory purposes.  Below is a letter that was published in Monday's Philadelphia Metro and likely Boston and New York's Metro:

     Your brief article from April 24 "Social Security fund to run out" was very misleading.  While the fund might "become insolvent in 2033," that means the fund will take in less money than it pays out, not that all the money will be gone.  The fund, even without changes, will still be able to pay out for decades after 2033 most of the funds due retirees, just not full benefits.



   That's all for now.  Have a good weekend.


Elkan - Friday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment