Tuesday, May 1, 2012

   A few more things from my day at Jeff.  Linda brought me my Smokin' Bettys barbecue brisket sandwich which I surprised myself by finishing.  Monica, the nutritionist who also is extremely nice, gave us some more advice on diet.  We walked home from Jeff, over a mile, with the only sit down stop at the library.  When I opened the door of the cab getting out at Jeff in the morning, the door handle snapped back and gave me a nasty bruise on my finger which hurt a lot at the time but no longer.
   When I took a shower this morning, I had to remove 5 band aids:  two for my port, one for the Octreotide shot, one for the Arinasp shot, and one for my finger bruise.  I am expecting a Urination Night to visit my neighborhood soon; it usually comes on Thursday and/or Friday night after the chemo.
   Usually I m aware of Amos's output either by sound or feeling the output coming (sometimes it's slightly painful).  Last night after being awake for over 45 minutes, I was surprised that Amos had produced enough for a change.  Linda wanted me to mention that I considered it a "stealth attack."
   I was up a lot last night with restless brain syndrome.  Linda thought it was the steroids which meant I would fail the Olympic drug test for any events I might enter in London.  This made me think of something I've found interesting in the past.  The pole vault record is over 20 feet.  Think about someone jumping 20 feet high from outside your house.  Even better is the long jump (what we grew up calling the broad jump.)  That record is over 29 feet.  When I think of someone jumping the whole length of our living room and into the bathroom, it's like flying.
   I was feeling good today, but the chemo usually takes a few days for the side effects to take occur.
   Today after a walk with Linda on the trail for over mile with a rest in the middle, there was a train blocking the track; so we had to walk up 60 stairs (not steep ones) and Linda insisted I rest at the landings after each 20 steps.  I didn't have a problem.  I rested for a little bit at home with a milk shake.  Then I took a short bike ride of about 2 miles on the trail and had no trouble getting back on the bike.  Don't you always have to get back on the horse?  I also made it up the two block hill home.

Elkan - Tuesday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment