Monday, May 14, 2012

Cornucopia from Reading Market

   Not much to add.  I've been walking a little more the past few days and still getting tired and needing naps.  I'm getting more accepting of my shots.  Also, I finally put some air in my bike tires, which is a tiring process for me but should make biking a little easier.  I did bike about 3 miles late last week but it can be pretty tiring.
   We had a nice Mother's Day brunch with Dave and Rachel.  I kept saying I thought we would have a long wait at the same restaurant we went to last year and waited an hour but we had no waiting.  My advanced complaining about a wait is usually the best way to avoid a wait.
   Today I went to Jeff for lab tests so that we will have all the results, including the cancer marker, before our meeting with Dr. Littman tomorrow.  Afterwards, I did a lot of nearby shopping:  Chinese food, especially ribs, from Linda's favorite Chinese restaurant and from Reading Market, cannolis, macaroons, duck rolls, lamb chops, Cornish hens, chicken legs, chicken wings, and pretzels.  It was a little difficult because my backpack also had a heavy umbrella, my changing pack and a bottle of water; however, I was able to make it to a taxi without too much trouble.  I got quite tired getting all my stuff out of the cab.
   Tomorrow we meet with Littman and should find out where we stand and what the new protocol will be.  I also expect to get chemo tomorrow.

Elkan - Monday night

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elk,

    I have read your blogs. I think of you often and I am so sorry that the treatments are difficult. But I am glad that you are trying new treatment. Do you like the staff? Is there anyone in particular? Are they warm? encouraging? And do they understnd how wondeful you are?

    Love,
    Auntie Gloria

    ReplyDelete