A lot of sports this weekend and not much else. I had a white blood cell shot on Sunday because it would be a lot quicker than Monday and did some errands, so I walked over 3 miles. Rachel came over and showed us a lot of great pictures from the wedding. I wasn't feeling quite as good as I had been recently.
I haven't been visited by any space aliens yet this time so I still have a number of pounds of liquid to lose. Today I started out okay but have gotten more tired and not much appetite.
Unrelated to anything, it was only a few weeks ago that I finally found the phrase to describe how I felt the first 6 to 8 years of Rachel's life: "deliriously happy." Linda used to think I was kind of manic and would joke about scraping me off the ceiling. Almost all I ever wanted to do was be with Rachel. For some reason, I couldn't think of having more fun and we went lots of places and had lots of adventures. When Rachel was 2 to 5, Linda had a business from home, Rainbow Readers, which was a tupperware type sales organization that sold the best children's books and tapes. It was a great service but unfortunately not profitable, with paying reps. and limited by the retail price of the merchandise. Linda would get to do most of her work at nights and weekends because I would be with Rachel the whole time. In fact, before Rachel started pre-school, when Linda would come in to wake her in the morning, the first thing Rachel would say was: "Where's Daddy?"
When Linda started working outside of home on Children's Expo and trying to put together a kids radio station, I switched to working 3 days a week so Rachel wouldn't be in day care every day and because it would be fun for me. While I was conscientious, I was never really dedicated to work and had found a low level niche that had some accounting which I liked more than law and which didn't demand much at night or weekends. I used to joke with Linda that I would be the first person on his death bed to say, "I should have spent more time at the office."
That's it for now. Go Phillies!!
Elkan - Monday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment