Forgot to mention that a couple of days ago, I had a brief visit at night from the space aliens.
Yesterday was a good day as was today, except for getting a CT scan. In the morning, I had a short bike ride of about 4 miles with a 2-headed wind, that is, it seemed to be a head wind in both directions. As I left our trail and came onto Locust Street, I just missed riding into some tree limbs that were extending from the sidewalk beyond the parked cars and into one's face in the street that could force a biker to move to the left into traffic. So tonight around rush hour, I took my shears and performed a public service by cutting away the offending branches. (Someone's gotta do it.) Yesterday, I had a so-so losing step ball game; definitely not up to my usual standards.
This afternoon was the CT scan and the opportunity to drink in an hour two containers of their delicious chalky liquid. Then I went into the scan room but the nurse had trouble finding a vein for an IV and had to get help after poking me at lest twice. Linda and I had assumed I shouldn't dring too much beforehand as it might make drinking their liquid more difficult. But actually, I needed, but wasn't told, that drinking beforehand was important to be sure I was hydrated enough for them to easily find a usable vein. One nice thng in the scan room was the ceiling which looked like an open window with a huge palm tree going straight up. The scan procedure itself is pretty easy and only took 10 to 15 minutes at most.
Surprisingly, despite all that liquid, pretty much everything that wanted to leave body so far has exited via Amos and not my urinary track. I felt good afterwards and had a nice walk and have been eating quite well the last two days, including Chinese food, fried chicken, one of my favorite hot dogs, and chocolate cake. I'm trying hard to gain back some of the weight I've lost, and the postponement of chemo is helping with this process.
Tomorrow is a big day as we see Dr. Littman, after more blood/lab tests, and find out about my progress and get to talk to her about Dr Brody, whom we heard speak on Saturday. I hope we don't have to wait hours to see Dr. Littman; but one of the benefits and detriments of having a hands-on oncologist is that she gives every patient as much time as they need or want.
I'll try to make a post tomorrow, especially if there's any real news to report.
Elkan - Monday night
No comments:
Post a Comment