Thursday, October 13, 2011

     I've been feeling significantly better than last week although I still have a way to go.  All the medication has been making me very tired even though I'm getting much more sleep than I had been.  I can get 9 or 10 hours sleep overnight and still feel tired during the day.  I tried a little step ball, I think on Tuesday, and started out horrifically but that was attributed to not running, jumping or bending and not concentrating.  By the end I had a good turn but not enough energy to play a whole game.  I have been etting out for some short walks and am still hoping for some biking in the near future.
     I'm trying to start eating almost everything, as advised by my NP, instead of just bland crap.  Yesterday, Linda surprised me by bringing home an order of my favorite garlic bread from my favorite local restaurant (Porcini's) even though they don't do carryout.  And today she brought home my favorite Strawberry Shortcake (Swiss Pastry).
     A little while ago, Linda thought she heard me fart from the traditional location which would be very rare these days.  I had to inform her that Amos is a ventriloquist.
     While I am still trying to adhere to a policy of non-political commentary, one exception is if I have something published.  Today I had the following letter published in The Jewish Exponent:
 The article "How the GOP Learned to Love Israel - Unconditionally" (Oct. 6 edition) demonstrates clearly how the right-wing Christian-dominated Republican party, with its unwavering support for the right-wing Netanyahu government, is an obstacle to a Middle East peace agreement.  That Noam Neusner, a former Bush 43 Administration advisor and now consultant to Christians United for Israel, could say that long-time Republican powers Brent Scowcroft and James Baker, who was a key to Bush obtaining his victory in 2000, would "find themselves more comfortable in the Democratic Party," illustrates how far right the GOP has become.  And with the GOP evangelical base needing Israel to control the whole country, including all of Jerusalem, for their End of Days to occur (including the end of the Jews), support for a two state peace settlement is not part of their biblical scenario.
     That's all for now.  Have a good day.

Elkan - Thursday aftrnoon

No comments:

Post a Comment