Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good research lecture

   I've been feeling pretty good but I start off better in the morning and then get a little nauseous and tired as the day wears on.  Hopefully, with a chemo holiday, I'll have some time of feeling normal all day.
   We saw a very good play Friday night but I skipped the dinner part with friends.
   Yesterday morning, the Pan Can Action Network sponsored a program with two speakers.  The first was a dietitian; and although we've spoken with very good dietitians, she still had some very good suggestions.  The 2nd speaker was Jonathan Brody, a research director at Jefferson.  He gave a great talk with updates on promising research and explanations easy for us commoners to follow.  A key is getting funding to complete the research.  Brody speaks with our oncologist Littman every week so when we see Littman this Tuesday, we will have a lot to ask her about this research.  (Also, I'm scheduled for a CT Scan tomorrow which hopefully I'll be able to finally do.) One thing Brody talked about was a Jeff study to convert people to resectable surgery.  That should be for people like me who originally weren't eligible for the Whipple because the cancer had spread but after chemo, may become eligible.  I remember when I asked Dr. Yeo about this after my operation in April, he said miracles happen in the bible, not exactly what I wanted to hear.  But Brody referred to Yeo in his talk and obviously Yeo is very involved or at least very intersted in the research going on. I'm sure it helps Jefferson to have a world famous pancreatic cancer surgeon running things.
   I'm hoping to get on my bike today if I don't get the afternoon blahs.  Meanwhile, a very cool thing is there is a 15 to 20 second delay between listening to the Eagles on the radio and watching on TV.  So I can listen on the radio while on the internet; and if there's a good play, walk into the next room and sort of see it live.
   Take care,
Elkan - Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment