Monday, October 17, 2011

Rachel's wedding vow

   Attached below is Rachel's wedding vow.  If I get Dave's, and he may not have it in print, I'll send it.

Dave,

I feel like I’ve been inadvertently working on these vows for more than three years now, and especially these last few months. Every time I expected to start feeling stressed about the idea of making such a serious commitment, and pledging to be with you for the rest of my life… instead I found myself thinking and saying all of the reasons why this move makes me so happy.  The idea of being married to you not only doesn’t stress me out in the slightest, it has the opposite effect; it makes everything else less stressful.

Finding someone like you, and sharing a love like ours, has made me feel gratitude like I’ve never known. I’m still constantly shocked by your ability to be such nice guy while also being so appealing. I look forward to our years ahead with so much optimism and confidence. 

I vow to share the rest of my life with you. I vow to grow ever more loving, patient, and kind. I vow to always appreciate the things that I love about you, and to try not to criticize the things that I don’t.

Dave, I vow to you that I’m never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you… And I’m never going to take things so seriously that I lose my ability to laugh.

As Robert Browning put it: “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment