Today was a good day. My A team - Linda and Rachel - and I saw our Penn oncologist Dr. Damyanov this morning. She gave us detailed information on the chemo and trial she recommends. She also supported our getting a second opinion, which we plan to do, from Hopkins, tentatively shceduled for this Friday afternoon. She will support anything we want to do.
As long as I am up for it, she encouraged Linda and me to go to Paris on May 15, for which we already have tickets, to stay with my friend Danny and be accompanied by friend Sonny. Chemo and/or trial could begin after that. She thought it was likely reasonable that if we go to the Vineyard, we could get chemo there but we would likely have to return for trial treatments but they might be only every three weeks.
It was interesting that Damyanov called herself Debbie Downer, which I had referred to her as after our first visit, but I appreciate her candor.
I went in town alone after finishing the last half of one of the hot dogs (my favorites for 55 years) my brother brought me from Baltimore on Saturday. And then I actually had a Big Mac. I also did a few errands for the first time since pre-surgery. It was nice to wear shorts and sandals.
No comments:
Post a Comment