Saturday, November 5, 2011

tough week

Sorry I haven't written this week.  It 's been by  far my worst week.  Intestinally and Outtestinally have both been bad and I've been very tired.  I have tried nearly everything for nausea and diarrhea without  much success. but have a nice collection of drugs.  We went to the hospital on Thurday and I got some IV fluids to stave off dehrydration and may go again on Sunday.  The nurses continue to be amazingly nice.  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play.
   I've had a few walks this week but not as much as I'd like, as I've been pretty weak.  I am actually feeling a little better this morning so I hope it lasts but my mornings are generally better. I have watched some good tv shows - Daily Show and Colbert - that are almost always good at exposing the idiocy of our media, especilly national Fox, and our farse of a political system - and a lot of C_Span book talks.  I don't recommend the Margin Call movie as I thought it was too technical and didn't get into enough other stuff but the acting was good.
   One srange name I've come across is the woman helping Rachel refinance.  Her name is Phanny Torn.
So that's it for now.  Looking forward to a better week.
Elkan - Saturday morning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elkan and Linda,

    Sorry to hear that it has been a difficult week. If there is anything we can do, just let us know. Glad to see the humor is still strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elkan:
    I just learned today (from Carol M.) that you had a blog. I spent the afternoon catching up w/ what has been happening w/ you. It's a hell of a way to spend your retirement.
    Somehow I thought that you were sitting quietly at home doing all those things you need to do to get better/feel better, etc. I had no idea that you were doing all the biking and walking, etc. I see that you haven't lost your quirky sense of humor and that you are still a bit irrevent.
    Having had cancer twice, I can relate to some of your postings. I remember fighting w/ Blue Cross for 2 months in order to get a PETSCAN -- not one of my finer moments -- screaming at the lady on the phone. I still go for testing and it makes me very anxious as the time rolls around. But I have had nothing like you have had to put up w/. Thank God -- ooooo, perhaps I should have said that -- but what would we have done w/o spouses and children and relatives and friends in order to get thru it all.
    I am amazed that you have kept up w/ the blog all this time. We recently took a road-trip out to California to visit w/ Colleen in San Diego. We visited Bryce and Zion in UT. So beautiful to see -- so scary (for me) to drive in. I realized the I am truly a flatlander. We visited 2 friends of Bob's from high school and they reverted back to being 17 years old. We stopped at the Grand Canyon on the way back. While we didn't go down in the canyon like you did, we totally enjoyed its beauty and vastness. It did snow on the way there and at our last stop before leaving. We also had snow in Sedona. And the day we went thru Texas, they finally had the rain they had not had all summer long. What a drive. Last big stop was to visit Graceland -- a place I've wanted to visit since the 50's. Finally made it. Even Bob enjoyed it. We took our time and had no set itinerary and were gone a month.

    Again, I'm impressed w/ all you have been doing. I'm glad I found out you had this blog and will follow your progress.

    Just want you to know that I think of you often and am sending good thoughts your way.
    Pat W. (formerly from KS&G -- just like you)

    ReplyDelete