I actually did a post on Tuesday or Wednesday but was so tired and out of it, I realized yesterday that it hadn't posted and I couldn't find it anywhere. I've continued to feel bad until today which has been much better. For a few days with my voice being weak and deep, I've done a pretty good Godfather imitation without any marbles in my mouth.
Sunday I went to Jeff for three hours and got some fluids to stave off dehydration.
From the I Didn't Really Need To Hear This Dept.: I did manage to set two Guiness World records: one for 5 colostomy bag changes in the 3 hours at Jeff and 14 or 15 changes during the 24 hours of Sunday (Guiness would only accept 14 changes,) all of which changes were quite liquidy.
When we were waiting for a cab on the street in front of Jeff Sunday, I had the shortest bolt on record. (Bolts are when I "desert" Linda, often under disputed conditions, and she worries where I am, but that's another story I may get to someday.) Anyway I ducked into a Jeff doorway to see where it went for 2 seconds; but since Linda didn't see me leave, she immediately went into bolt mode or, in this more serious case, started worrying about what had happened to me.
Monday to Wednesday were tired, slightly nauseous days. We had tickets for a play Wed. afternoon which I had to skip and actually slept from the time Linda left for the play until she called at intermission to say she was leaving this boring but well-reviewed play called "New Jerusalem" about Spinoza's arguments against religion. So I would have been sleeping at the theater had I gone. Dave and Rachel came over for Chinese food, so that's always nice (seeing Rachel and Dave more than Chinese food.)
Today we had a good meeting at Jeff with NP Eleanor after first getting my lab tests. We decided to put off Chemo for now and will be meeting with Dr. Littman on Monday to talk about a new protocol or how to proceed. Eleanor also seemed to help us clarify all my drug regimens as it had seemed to me to be try this, then try this, then try this, oh try everything. Linda will work hard and hopefully I will make the full effort to follow through and try to gain back a little weight.
We had a nice mile and a quarter walk home, past a Diesel clothing store (I never heard of it before) at which I tried on some jeans but it was way beyond my style.
I'm hoping for a few good days while skipping Chemo and getting back some strength in addition to eating better. And I hope for more good quotes from Cain, Perry, et al and someday someone I actually know will be able to explain why they find these creationists enticing.
Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Friday night
No comments:
Post a Comment