Tomorrow we have to leave MV. Even with my limited activities, it has been really nice here with amazing weather for the last two weeks. I am looking forward to some extent to seeing doctors and finding out about when my soreness will end and when we can re-start chemo. We've had contact with doctors and I'm scheduled to see Holena, the colostomy doctor, on Tues and probably have a CT scan on Tues or Wed and likely go to Hopkins on Thurs for evaluation. Did I just say I was looking forward to this? I think I'll stay at MV instead.
I don't think i'vegained any weight and while Linda disagrees, I think I look a little holocaustal. In fact, the scale here is about 6 pounds light so I called it the Treblinka scale. We plan to go to Jewish Film Festival movie tonight.
We'vefound a procedure with Amos that makes dealing with him a little easier but I still have some trepidaton, especially after a particularly difficult day a few days ago. We also got some good advice from an MV nurse after 2 Philly nurses failed to return our calls.
We're also hoping for a new nurse practitioner at Hopkins, one who will return calls and e-mails and treat us as part of the patient care team. The NP's at HUP and Jefferson were so much more patient oriented and helpful.
Hopefully, tomorrow's travel will be uneventful.
Elkan
No comments:
Post a Comment