We went to Hopkins Tuesday and I hopefully finished up there, getting just the Gemsar, so no bad reactions. We did have to wait an hour for their pharmacy to delivery the drug to the chemo center. We thanked Liam the chemo nurse whom we appreciated a lot and may miss but we won't miss the cold Hopkins.
Prior to Hopkins, a friend picked us up at the train station and took us to an old Jewish deli (Attmans) in an old neighborhood where I had a really delicious brisket sandwich (reminded me of one my father got me 50 years ago) and tasted some great corned beef. Philly deli's don't come close; in fact, it's as if Philly deli's are selling horned beef and brickets.
The train ride home was extremely bouncy. I felt like they needed to have throw up bags at the seats.
I've been a little tired today but don't know if it's from chemo or just trying to catch up on some sleep. Now we wait and get ready to see Dr. Littman on Monday afternoon at Jefferson (home of Yeo-Yeo man).
I wish this damn heat would go away so I could ride my bike some but that's not going to happen soon. Maybe I'll try a little step ball and/or practice juggling.
Take care,
Elkan - Wed. evening
No comments:
Post a Comment