Monday, July 18, 2011

Almost painfree

  The pain has really pretty much gone away.  It's interesting that it went from fairly painful to pretty much nothing with almost no stops in between.  Saturday I did a short bike ride of about 4 miles and Sunday I played a tiny bit of step ball.  Hopefully the heat this week won't totally prevent any more bike rides or step ball.  This morning I walked a mile and a half each way to Penn for my lab tests that hopefully will be sent to Hopkins before my chemo tomorrow afternoon.  I was a little tired from the walk but that could be from either getting out early for me, taking some new pills related to chemo, or most likely that the sun was bearing down on me the whole way with very little shade; but no pain.
  I was thinking about the colostomy paraphenalia over the weekend and was glad I never had to join a trial to determine what bags and attachments worked best; that must have been a disaster for the guinea pigs.  Also, I was wondering what the scientists told the mice who were wearing these accoutrements.  Which reminds me of the great Tonight Show parody from the 1970s called Fernwood Tonight starring Martin Mull and Fred Willard.  They had a guest "scientist" who had proven that leisure suits caused cancer in rats and he held up one of the tiny leisure suits that the rats wore.
  For baseball statistics fans, the Inquirer mentioned today regarding yesterday's anniversary of the end of Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak that Ted Williams had an 84 game on base streak.  Why has this been a secret?
  Tomorrow Hopkins, Wednesday the World.

Elkan - Monday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment