Friday, July 15, 2011

Latest medical updates

  It seems that everyday our schedule changes.  I start my chemo pills tomorrow, the X in GTX, and see Hopkins on Tuesday at 1:00 for IV's of G and T.  I have a little trepidation of the T since it's the T party that I had a bad reaction to last time (May 26 for you historians) but I will be taking advance medication to minimize the chance of a bad reaction.  Monday I go for lab tests in Philly that hopefully will be sent to Hopkins in time for Tuesday.  We go to Hopkins again on July 26 at 2:00 for the same.  And then the protocol calls for a week off before resuming.
  My appointment with Dr. Littman at Jefferson has been moved up to August 1, so if all goes well, I will be able to switch over to Littman for the next round beginning in August and end the commute to Baltimore and hopefully deal with people who are more patient oriented.  I don't recall if I mentioned beforeobut Littman was suggested by Dr. Fein of Columbia Presby. who started the whole GTX procedure.  It's a shame that Jefferson's oncology dept. ignored me while I was recovering from Dr. Yeo's surgery at Jefferson but the NP seems very good from Linda's conversation with her.
  Yesterday, I went out for a lot of walking and errands, deciding that the pain wouldn't get worse and maybe the extra walking would help.  I actually improved as the day wore on except for some pain late at night but not worse than before.  And today has been better than the last few days at the Vineyard.  So if the Honorable Don't Get Your Hopes Up Jinx (my God) will show some mercy, maybe I'm finally beginning to get over the pain and will be biking soon.
  At this point in the blog, I just got a call from Keith, the Hopkins NP, who has been so non-communicative, and I hate to say it but he sounded very nice and he expects to meet us on Tuesday although he's not the person who administers the chemo.
  This is not Vineyard weather.

Elkan - Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment