Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good day Wednesday but unnecessarily worrisome night

  Yesterday I went for an early bike ride before the temperature got above 80 degrees.  I did a 12 mile ride and got to see an improvement made 6 miles out on our bike trail that begins 2 blocks from our house and goes 23 miles to Valley Forge.  Then I did a couple of hours of errands and had lunch with my friend Jay, who is the only friend with whom I know the date our friendship began because we both joined the same law firm and same dept. on the same day.  We had had a nice trip to the National Parks in Utah planned for the end of April but my pan can operation negated that.
  In e-mail conversations with Luis (Dr. Diaz), my Hopkins oncologist, and others, he suggested a Gem/Abraxane protocol.  In one e-mail Luis addressed me as Ellen but I refrained from addressing him as Lois.  Also, one of the recipients of the e-mails was a Dung Le.  I was wondering if he was in the oncology dept. or more appropriately the colostomy dept.  Anyway, Linda spoke to Eleanor, Dr. Littman's NP, and she said Littman was also working with Gem/Abraxane and that we should finish the Xeloda/Gem cycle next week at Hopkins and then let Littman start with the new protocol.  I had actually suggested this to Luis before a new protocol had even been mentioned.
  The new zipper bags I bought for placing my used colostomy bags has a place for the date and contents.  I found this amusing and will let you come up with your own joke.
  Last night we were telling Rachel about a visit from my parents in 1967 when we were at Penn.  We went to a jazz place (which had a great saxophonist and was located in a townhouse at 22nd & Walnut, now a parking lot) and during an intermission, a "poet" recited a poem entitled "Fuck New York" which used the title throughout.  I told Rachel that I didn't know how my "elderly parents" reacted and Rachel reminded me that it was 1967 and I realized that my "elderly" parents were 48 and 52.
  As to the worrisome part, Amos was quiet all day and night after a modest output before my bike ride.  The last time I took a 12 mile bike ride and seemed constipated, 2 days later I had an operation so I was rather apprehensive, considering how some of my luck has been.  Fortunately, Amos came through this morning.
Stay cool,
Elkan - Thursday morning
 

No comments:

Post a Comment