Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MV routine

Not much to report. Great weather every day. Trips to the beach for a couple of hours. I still have soreness and finally started taking Percoset. We had a nice anniversary dinner with nice ocean views and a beautiful post-sunset cloud display. And unexpectedly, we saw some fireworks from another part of the island that we could see from the restaurant. Last night we had good barbecue chicken and ribs from our neighborhood carryout place.
Tonight we or I plan on going to a booktalk on baseball about a 16inning 1-0 game between Warren Spahn and Dodger pitcher Juan Marichal that the author calls the greatest game ever. Most of you women are just reading this while the guys are saying, "Wait a second, Marichal pitched for the Giants." I stole this idea from Dave Barry who did this in referring to shortstop Bill Mazeroski's famous 1960 world series winning home run. Most guys are saying Maz was a second baseman. I actually did it twice the first two times I read Barry's paragraph.
Hope it's not too hot wherever you are reading this. Best to all.
Elkan - wednesday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment