I've been feeling a little better the past week but still getting tired and a little nauseous. All I can remember about last weekend is that Rachel and Dave came over which is always nice.
On Monday, we saw Littman. The plan is for me to get PET and CT scans on Aug. 20 and to see Littman again on Aug. 28 to see what she has decided regarding new chemo treatment. She's trying to see about getting me what's called a PARP Inhibitor that would counter the detrimental effects of my BRCA2 gene mutation. Researcher Dr. Brody has had preliminary success with this but it's still in the pre-trial stage.
My Creatinine level has been high which is a threat to my kidneys and requires me to drink 64 ounces of liquid a day, a real difficulty for me. Accordingly, I will be going to Jeff twice a week for one liter saline infusions. Wednesday and this morning I got the fluid infusion. Next week I'll be going in on Tuesday and Friday or Saturday and also getting my Octreotide shot and an infusion of Zometa for my bones.
Tuesday, we saw my GP Dr. Wynne for high blood pressure but my pressure was pretty good. I seem to regularly have higher readings at Jefferson. Wynne felt my high Creatinine conflicted with the Metformin pill I take twice a day to stave off diabetes. So I won't be taking Metformin for a while until my Creatinine level improves. Also, my diet is now becoming more of a diabetic diet which puts more pressure on Linda to try to fatten me up as many of the good fattening foods are not good for diabetes.
I've still been walking at least a mile most days. Wednesday I had a late lunch with a friend at Chick-Fil-A with both of us surprised at the longer line than usual. It wasn't until later that day that we learned it was Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day for its stand against gay marriage. Rachel had been encouraging me for some time to avoid the place and now I expect to comply with her wishes. Also, it's not so good for diabetics, especially the waffle fries.
Friday, I decided to try out my bike. Pumping air in both tires nearly did me in. I did manage to ride 2.3 miles, including, in a low gear, up the 2 block incline to home. In the afternoon Linda and I went to see the new Batman movie and both of us were disappointed. Virtually the entire film was shot in the dark, which I don't like. Also, a lot of dialogue was hard to hear and there was an excessive amount of fighting.
I'm feeling tired right now so I'm through.
Elkan - Saturday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment