Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pan Can updates

   I sound like a broken record.  I'm still having a lot of tiredness and intermittent nausea.  Saturday and Sunday were nice as we went to Lyla's house both days but I did get tired.  Yesterday I was quite weak and may not have left the house.
   Today we saw Littman and walked both ways.  She went through the scans and didn't find them as bad as we thought they were.  Hopefully, she's being candid with us.  There are a couple of tiny metastases on my liver and possibly a couple on my bones.  The pan can tumor is likely the same size but possibly a little bigger  and/or slightly more active.There's a possibility of more radiation.  We see the radiation oncologist on Thursday and Littman will also speak to her.  Littman's plan is to get me into a PARP Inhibitor trial at Georgetown under a Dr. Pishvaian who has worked with Littman and Brody.  This might entail a few trips to Georgetown.
   Tomorrow I have a renal ultrasound to make sure nothing is causing liver problems.  On Friday I have my fluid infusion and next Tuesday I have the infusion plus the Octreotide shot and Zometa infusion.
   My friend Sonny still has a monkey picture in storage at his house that hung in his bedroom when he was a kid.  I had always liked this picture and used to tell him I wanted it if he ever considered giving it away.  He's planning to give it to me over the weekend via my brother who will be visiting.  It will be interesting to see if I still like it and whether Rachel and Dave will want it for Lyla's room.
   This past Saturday was I believe the 4th annual Philadelphia Nude Bike Ride which I missed for the first time, not as a participant but as a leerer.  Supposedly this event promotes bicycle advocacy and satisfaction with one's body.  Not everyone rides nude but enough do to make it interesting.
   Looking forward to spending every day at Jefferson.  Is this what Thomas Jefferson meant by "the pursuit of happiness?"

Elkan - Tuesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment