Friday, August 10, 2012

"Hello Ladies and Germs"

   For some unknown reason, coming home today in the cab from Jefferson I thought of the above salutation that Milton Berle used to use on TV over 50 years ago.  To you younguns, Milton Berle was an old time comedian who had possibly the most popular show on TV for a few years in the 1950's.
   I haven't had a very good week with a lot of nausea and tiredness.  I didn't go out Sunday or Monday but had a fairly good day on Tuesday when I went to Jeff for a saline fluid infusion to help avoid dehydration.  I also received my Octreotide shot in the tush and a Zometa infusion to help my bones.  Wednesday, I had a terrible day, throwing up many times between about 11 a.m and 8:30 p.m. and couldn't retain food or drink.  Thursday was an improvement with modest eating and drinking and no more throwing up. I did go for walk to the river trail but it was only about half a mile, including a rest, and was pretty tiring. Friday was an improvement on Thursday and the infusion at Jeff went fine.
   I may have a reunion here next month with three of my college roommates coming from California, Florida, and NYC.  It's quite ironic that of the 4 of us I'm the most questionable and I don't even have to leave my house.  However, unless I've taken a major turn for the worse, I'll definitely be up for seeing these guys, especially all together, even if I can't go out much.
   While I've enjoyed watching a lot of Olympics, I'm glad this weekend is the end.  Actually, at Jeff today, I luckily got to see an Olympic wrestling match in which the guy who won the gold was the best wrestler I saw at the 2011 NCAA wrestling championships, which were held in Philly last March and the last significant event I went to before my cancer diagnosis.
   Have a good weekend.

Elkan - Friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment