Not much has changed in the past few days. I'm still a little nauseous and a little tired. Sleeping is tough with lots of bathroom trips and various body aches that make it hard to get comfortable.
It appears the hair on the side of my head (I haven't had much, if any, on top for years) may be coming back a little. Also, my beard seems to grow faster than before I got sick. I'm glad I like my electric razor, which makes shaving quicker and easier and which I reluctantly purchased because chemo can make cuts a little harder to stop bleeding.
I still don't like my daily needles and realize that being so thin now makes the shots more painful than if I had a little more girth. I also realized that I inject the needle with my left hand and then push the serum in with my right hand. This comes from my mixed up lefty/righty traits. I throw a ball overhanded with my left hand and underhanded with my right hand. I've always thought of myself as a lefty since I write left handed, but I eat and do many things right handed.
Today while taking a short walk, I thought that if I survive this cancer ordeal (actually I'm already considered a survivor), I would write a medical paper on the tennis ball cure because I often take a tennis ball with me to bounce when I go out for a walk. This reminded me of one of my French biking trips with Sonny and Danny. After a day of touring and biking, Sonny and Danny went back to their rooms for a nap before dinner and I went for a walk in the small town we were in. I like to joke that I was the quintessential Frenchman: wearing shorts and a baseball cap and bouncing a tennis ball.
Tomorrow I have a routine (I hope) saline infusion.
Elkan - Monday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment