In a random, unrelated event, Elkan is in currently the I.C.U at HUP recovering from an emergency operation for diverticulitis. He seems to be doing well, and the new scar sort of overlaps the old. Now we have up close experiences with 3 hospitals. Rachel said we need to get a frequent user card to punch so that the next one will be free.
Good news is that there were no signs of cancer spread, even in his liver. The chemo doctor at Hopkins is much encouraged. Elkan was doing well on two of the three chemos, and we even had a 12 mile bike ride on Saturday, which Elkan followed up with a hamburger and French fries. This was two days after chemo, when he should have felt rotten.
I told Elkan we would laugh at this later, and Elkan said, "Pretty f-ing funny.". We thought the stomach pains and fever last nite were from the chemo, so it's good that that is not the case.
Rachel and Dave were here the whole time with me, and are now at home taking out the trash. What could be more wonderful than great a great child who is marrying a wonderful person?
since I will be here at HUP, best to reach me by email, and I will call if I have the chance. Elkan should be in his own room - out of the ICU tomorrow. I hope he'll also be doing his own blogs again soon. Linda
The shower is still on...
Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment